How Canco ClimateCare is Handling COVID-19
At Canco ClimateCare we take the safety of our customers and our staff seriously. While this is true every day, it’s especially important in this time of heightened concern. Because our services play a vital role in maintaining health, safety, and comfort in the Region of York and South Simcoe areas, we will be remaining open during this time. But, you can rest assured that we’re taking steps to minimize the impact of COVID-19.
Below you will find a brief outline of our plan for addressing the virus. If you need service, please call our main line at 905-898-3912.
How Canco ClimateCare is Working to Protect You
Per Health Canada and WHO guidelines, we are making some changes to our normal operating procedures. We will also be adopting rigorous cleaning protocols during the outbreak. While these adjustments may seem inefficient or awkward, they’re necessary to ensure the health of those we serve.
- Staff Care: Any employees showing symptoms will be asked to remain home until medically clear.
- Scheduling Questions: When you call to make an appointment, our office team will ask if anyone in your home has travelled outside Ontario in the past two weeks, had a fever, been diagnosedwith COVID-19 or has been exposed to the virus. Please note that answering “yes” to any of these will not disqualify you from service. It will just allow our staff to be properly equipped with masks and gloves before entering your home.
- Safety Measures: Troubleshooting equipment can sometimes be done from the exterior of your home, but there are times when our staff must go inside. In those situations, nitrile gloves and masks will be worn. If you have an allergy to any of these products, please let us know ahead of time.
- Sanitization: Our trucks come stocked with disinfectant sprays and sanitizing wipes. After completing a job, your technician will wipe down any areas with which they had contact. This includes equipment, door handles, and floors.
- Distancing Efforts: Some of our office staff will be relocated to remote locations during the COVID-19 outbreak. In some situations, we may ask to see pictures or videos of your equipment to better understand the problem you want addressed in order to optimize scheduling and help minimize face-to-face contact.
Area-Based Responses: While we will continue to service everyone in the Region of York and South Simcoe areas, we will take extra precautions around clients in areas deemed high-risk by Health Cancda.
- Authorization: We usually require a written signature on paper or a tablet prior to beginning work; however, to reduce the risk of contact, we will sanitize the pen before and after use.
- Canco’s office/showroom will be open during regular office hours Monday to Friday, but closed on Saturdays until further notice.
Regarding Maintenance Calls and Other Scheduled Visits
We’ll reach out to you before our visit to outline the above procedures.
At Canco ClimateCare, we value your peace of mind. We understand the current situation may be more concerning for some of our clients than it is for others. If you would prefer, we’re happy to reschedule any preexisting appointments. To do so, please call us at 905-898-3912.
Our Planning Standards
Canco ClimateCare will be updating this page regularly as the situation develops. Please check your email and follow us on social media for any updates. If you have any questions regarding this policy or wish to discuss our COVID-19 response plan in more detail, please call 905-898-3912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.